Airport: Istanbul New Airport, Istanbul
Please plan to arrive before noon on May 1 at the latest.
Transportation to Dergah:
- Take the train, bus or taxi to the Yenikapi Ferry Station – Guide to Istanbul
- A guide will meet you at the Yenikapi Ferry Station between 3/3:30pm with your ferry ticket
- Meet at the entrance to board the ferry to Yalova
- Our group will take the 3:45pm ferry
- A bus at the Yalova ferry station will bring the group to the hotel and Cultural Center (dergah).
Our orientation session will begin at 7:30pm on May 1 after dinner.
If you plan to arrive earlier or later, you can take a small bus or dolmus to the Thermal. Tell the bus driver that you’d like to go to the Limak Hotel.
If you will not be joining our post retreat pilgrimage, please book your flight no sooner than 8 pm on May 8th. Our retreat ends at 12pm on May 8th followed by lunch. The earliest ferry after lunch to Istanbul (Yenikapi) leaves at 1:45 pm. The earliest you will arrive at the Istanbul New Airport is 5pm via taxi or public transportation. The best option is to stay one night in Istanbul and travel the next day on May 9th. We will organize your trip from the hotel to the Yalova Ferry during the workshop.
If you plan to join our post retreat pilgrimage, please book your return flight home no sooner than 5 pm on May 12th. Our pilgrimage ends in the morning of May 12th, and we will be returning to Istanbul by 1pm.
Ramadan is April 23-May 23. As Turkey is a very hospitable country, please know that food is readily available everywhere and you will not be penalized for not fasting.