- This event has passed.
Dance of Oneness®: Dance for LIFE | 30-day Virtual Marathon
April 1 @ 10:00 am - April 30 @ 11:00 am PDT$250
30-day Virtual Marathon with Banafsheh
April 1 – 30, 2020 on Zoom
10-11am PDT | 1-2pm EDT | 7-8pm CET
Dance elevates our state and teaches us how to be resilient, adaptable, flexible, and joyful independent of what’s going on around us and in us. It helps us transform crippling fears and become present.
The aim of Dance of Oneness is to help you integrate yourself and unify the myriad of fragments within you into coherence. Each of the different styles of dance and movement that inform Dance of Oneness contribute to this wholeness. In these sessions, Banafsheh will incorporate the curriculum from the Dance of Oneness including moving with the awareness of the pathways of energy in the body (the Chinese Meridians) and the Chakras; as well as wisdom teachings from the East and the West including the mystical poetry of Rumi, Rabia, Hafez, Kabir, Khayyam, and others.
Each week, the sessions will be focused on one of the 4 elements. We will do movements inspired by the following forms as well as have the opportunity to do free-style dancing together:
Week 1: April 1-7 Earth
Inspirations from Middle Eastern tribal dances
Week 2: April 8-14 Water
Inspirations from Tai Chi, and Persian dance
Week 3: April 15-21 Air
Inspirations from Persian dance
Week 4: April 22-30 Fire
Inspirations from flamenco fusion, and trance
Mixed levels – suitable for everyone who loves to move as well as people with some background in movement or dance, trained dancers, yoga and other movement practitioners.
Benefits of these sessions:
- Elevating your state
- Getting in shape
- Feeling energized
- Deepening your breath
- Connecting with a sense of joy independent of external or internal conditions
- Integrating heart, mind and body and creating coherence
- Feeling unlimited
- Boosting immunity and well-being
- Reducing stress and feeling peaceful
- Healing body aches and developing the ability to heal many kinds of ailments
- Learning new dance moves
- Cultivating resiliency and adaptability
- Connecting with an international community of like-hearted people
- Purchase a ticket. Scroll down until you see “tickets”
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive a link to join the sessions on zoom
- Email for more info and if you need financial assistance or to create a payment plan. No one is turned away for a lack of funds
- Sessions will be recorded, so if you miss any, you can have access to recordings for one week
- You can still register for the entire 30-day Marathon and follow the completed sessions in video replay until May 1, 2020
- $250 for Week 4
- Download zoom
- Make sure you have an unobstructed space of 5×5 feet or 1.5×1.5 meters to dance in
- Wear comfortable attire you can easily move in
- Have socks or soft-soled dance shoes nearby in case you need them. Here are examplse of soft-soled jazz shoes suitable for our dance:
Capezio, and SoDanca
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water after the sessions
It’s been so great dancing with Banafsheh every day online. It helps open our energetic bodies, strengthening our hearts and soul and of course our immune system brining oxygen to our lungs.
– Sharokin Betgevargiz
Banafsheh is the ambassador of peace, love, and oneness. She is also a healer who reconnects body and soul.
– Farzaneh Aryaee