- This event has passed.
Dance of Oneness®: Path of the Dancer Immersion I
September 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - September 30, 2020 @ 11:00 am PDT$195 – $325
4-week Virtual Immersion with Banafsheh
September 2 – 30, 2020 on Zoom
3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10-11am PT | 1-2pm ET | 7-8pm CET
Recordings are available if you can’t join the live zoom sessions
You can join anytime and follow the session you missed via replay
Watch video about this Immersion on Facebook
Creation, Destruction, I am dancing them both!
– Jalaledin Rumi
With all the stress and devastation that is impacting all of us collectively and individually, why dance?
Because the key is how we respond. Dance gives us the capacity to witness the sorrow, the pain and the injustice with compassion and open ourselves to joy, beauty, goodness and truth, holding both the devastation and the deliverance.
Dance the pain and the grief. Dance the joy of simply being. Dance to get real, and dance to fly after you get real because first we need to learn how to embrace, then we can fly: embrace ourselves, embrace others, embrace what is, remembering the goodness, beauty and truth that is in you, in others and in the world, and expanding that knowing.
If you ponder deeply, you will see that only dance allows us to truly experience the interconnectedness of the universe in our flesh and bones, and no other practice might be as powerful a conduit for accessing and experiencing the sacred directly. Dance gives us an immediate visceral experience of the miracle of being alive. No wonder, that our great ancestors created rituals to consecrate this awareness. They danced the cosmic mysteries around their campfires. They understood that the body in dance was a direct way to igniting a connection with the One. When our ancestors accompanied dance with music and drama, human spirituality was given its first expression.
Activate the power of the dance to ground yourself in PEACE and become PASSIONATELY ALIVE and LOVING so together we can usher in a NEW story in harmony. The time is NOW to surrender to the unknown and dance to liberate your body and experience the living fiery passion in your heart, your creative center. Explore the secrets of dance technique and philosophy to embody yourself, upgrade your dance and movement ability and your health, and learn to apply these secrets to your day to day life so you can dance your life with joy and freedom and extend this joyous freedom to others. Join our community of like-hearted wild and noble people and discover dance and movement as prayer, meditation and vehicle for manifestation that can heal, and lovingly influence consciousness and the environment.
The aim of Dance of Oneness is to help you integrate yourself and unify the myriad of fragments within you into coherence. Each of the different styles of dance and movement that inform Dance of Oneness contribute to this wholeness. In these sessions, Banafsheh will incorporate the curriculum from the Dance of Oneness: a fusion of Flamenco, classical and contemporary Persian Dance, Middle Eastern Tribal Dances, Sama (whirling) and Tai Chi, moving with the awareness of the Chakras and the meridians or pathways of energy in the body. She will weave in wisdom teachings from the East and the West including the mystical poetry of Rumi, Rabia, Hafez, Kabir, Khayyam, and others, as well as discoveries from Quantum Physics and Neuroscience (for lay people) that echo mystical teachings in the contemporary language of science.
This Immersion is a foundational Dance of Oneness course and fulfills 13 hours in the 200-hr Dance of Oneness Certification Program.
Mixed levels – This immersion is for you if you are a trained dancers, yoga and other movement practitioner, or you have some background in movement or dance, and if you love to move and dance, and recognize that embodiment is key to becoming conscious and whole!
Benefits of this Immersion:
- Elevating your state
- Cultivating resiliency and adaptability
- Getting in shape
- Feeling energized
- Deepening your breath
- Connecting to your life’s purpose
- Awakening your inner and outer beauty
- Connecting to joy independent of external or internal conditions
- Integrating heart, mind and body and creating coherence
- Feeling unlimited
- Boosting immunity and well-being
- Reducing stress and feeling peaceful
- Healing body aches and developing the ability to heal many kinds of ailments
- Learning new dance sequences
- Connecting with an global community of like-hearted people
- Purchase a ticket. Scroll down until you see “tickets” and choose an option
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive a link to join the sessions on zoom and where to access replays of live sessions
- Email for more info
- $325 is the basic tuition for the 4-week Immersion
- Many of us are going through financial hardship at the moment. I, myself have had to cancel all of my in-person workshops and performances for the time being. We’d love for you to dance with us regardless of the state of your finances, so we’re offering different payment options. Please choose your level of contribution honorably.
- If you are one of the few lucky ones in the world who has not been utterly financially devastated by the recent crisis, please consider buying this series for someone who has been, or underwriting scholarships for students in need.
- Download zoom
- Make sure you have an unobstructed space of 5×5 feet or 1.5×1.5 meters to dance in
- Wear comfortable attire you feel beautiful in
- Have a yoga mat handy
- Have a silk veil of approx. 3 yards x 45 inches or 2.5 x 1.15 meters). Here are a couple websites to order from: Nahari Silks and Bellydance.com
- Have socks or soft-soled dance shoes nearby in case you need them. Here are examples of soft-soled jazz shoes suitable for our dance:
Capezio, and SoDanca
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water after the session
In this disorienting time, when it would be easy to contract into fear, Banafsheh (and her dance of love and love of dance) has helped me to stay grounded and open. Embracing the beauty of being alive and embodied while holding the suffering of the moment. I am very grateful to have this compassion practice in my life.Dance of Oneness Student, participant, Womb of Compassion Virtual Retreat, 2020
Banafsheh’s words and then the opportunity for movement is extremely powerful and important and she combines them brilliantly. I know after doing this work that it is like peeling an onion once again revisiting what you think is resolved. I just do have to marvel at the workings of the Beloved and the persistence! Thank you for being such a beautiful instrument for me as this clearing process continues to unfold so the flute can play.
Diane Knoll, participant, Radiant Chakra Virtual Intensive, 2020