Dance of Oneness®: Path of the Dancer Immersion I
September 2 @ 10:00 am - September 30 @ 11:00 am PDT$195 – $325
4-week Virtual Immersion with Banafsheh
September 2 – 30, 2020 on Zoom
3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10-11am PT | 1-2pm ET | 7-8pm CET
Recordings are available if you can’t join the live zoom sessions
You can join anytime and follow the session you missed via replay
The entire universe belongs to the dancer. If you don’t dance, you won’t know what will come to pass.
Activate the power of the dance to ground yourself in PEACE and become PASSIONATELY ALIVE and LOVING – ready to usher in the NEW. The time is NOW to surrender to the unknown and dance to liberate your body and experience the living fiery passion in your heart, your creative center. Dance in a community of like-hearted people in a fusion of rigorous and healing dance with mystical poetry set to irresistible grooves from around the world.
Dance invites us to take up space in the world with confidence, conviction and service. It’s exhilarating, sacred, sensual, transformative, communal, and disruptive. Dance makes us whole and brings us into rhythm with others even when we are not in physical proximity. Dance elevates our state and teaches us how to be resilient, adaptable, flexible, and joyful independent of what’s going on around us and in us. It helps us transform crippling fears and become present. In dance, polarities unite and birth art. Dance is universal. Dance is freedom. Dance is the hope for our humanity if we accept the invitation to dance our lives.
Experience Banafsheh’s transformational teaching in a fusion of passionate yet peaceful dance to embody Spirit. Explore the secrets of dance technique and philosophy to upgrade your dance and movement ability and your health, and learn to apply these secrets to your day to day life so you can dance your life with joy and freedom and extend this joyous freedom to others. Discover dance and movement as prayer, meditation and vehicle for manifestation that can shift, influence and shape consciousness and the environment.
The aim of Dance of Oneness is to help you integrate yourself and unify the myriad of fragments within you into coherence. Each of the different styles of dance and movement that inform Dance of Oneness contribute to this wholeness. In these sessions, Banafsheh will incorporate the curriculum from the Dance of Oneness: a fusion of Flamenco, classical and contemporary Persian Dance, Middle Eastern Tribal Dances, Sama (whirling) and Tai Chi, moving with the awareness of the Chakras and the meridians or pathways of energy in the body. She will weave in wisdom teachings from the East and the West including the mystical poetry of Rumi, Rabia, Hafez, Kabir, Khayyam, and others, as well as discoveries from Quantum Physics and Neuroscience (for lay people) that echo mystical teachings in the contemporary language of science.
This Immersion is a foundational Dance of Oneness course and fulfills 13 hours in the 200-hr Dance of Oneness Certification Program.
Mixed levels – This immersion is for you if you are a trained dancers, yoga and other movement practitioner, or you have some background in movement or dance, and if you love to move and dance, and recognize that embodiment is key to becoming conscious and whole!
Benefits of this Immersion:
- Elevating your state
- Cultivating resiliency and adaptability
- Getting in shape
- Feeling energized
- Deepening your breath
- Connecting to your life’s purpose
- Awakening your inner and outer beauty
- Connecting to joy independent of external or internal conditions
- Integrating heart, mind and body and creating coherence
- Feeling unlimited
- Boosting immunity and well-being
- Reducing stress and feeling peaceful
- Healing body aches and developing the ability to heal many kinds of ailments
- Learning new dance sequences
- Connecting with an global community of like-hearted people
- Purchase a ticket. Scroll down until you see “tickets” and choose an option
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive a link to join the sessions on zoom and where to access replays of live sessions
- Email for more info
- $325 is the basic tuition for the 4-week Immersion
- Many of us are going through financial hardship at the moment. I, myself have had to cancel all of my in-person workshops and performances for the time being. We’d love for you to dance with us regardless of the state of your finances, so we’re offering different payment options. Please choose your level of contribution honorably.
- If you are one of the few lucky ones in the world who has not been utterly financially devastated by the recent crisis, please consider buying this series for someone who has been, or underwriting scholarships for students in need.
- Download zoom
- Make sure you have an unobstructed space of 5×5 feet or 1.5×1.5 meters to dance in
- Wear comfortable attire you feel beautiful in
- Have a yoga mat handy
- Have a silk veil of approx. 3 yards x 45 inches or 2.5 x 1.15 meters). Here are a couple websites to order from: Nahari Silks and Bellydance.com
- Have socks or soft-soled dance shoes nearby in case you need them. Here are examples of soft-soled jazz shoes suitable for our dance:
Capezio, and SoDanca
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water after the session
In this disorienting time, when it would be easy to contract into fear, Banafsheh (and her dance of love and love of dance) has helped me to stay grounded and open. Embracing the beauty of being alive and embodied while holding the suffering of the moment. I am very grateful to have this compassion practice in my life.Dance of Oneness Student, participant, Womb of Compassion Virtual Retreat, 2020
Banafsheh’s words and then the opportunity for movement is extremely powerful and important and she combines them brilliantly. I know after doing this work that it is like peeling an onion once again revisiting what you think is resolved. I just do have to marvel at the workings of the Beloved and the persistence! Thank you for being such a beautiful instrument for me as this clearing process continues to unfold so the flute can play.
Diane Knoll, participant, Radiant Chakra Virtual Intensive, 2020