Dance of Oneness®: Radiant Chakras | 8-Week Virtual Intensive
June 3 @ 10:00 am - July 31 @ 11:00 am PDT$185 – $650
8-Week Virtual Intensive with Banafsheh
June 3 – July 31, 2020
3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10-11am PT | 1-2pm ET | 7-8pm CET
Recordings are available if you can’t join the live zoom sessions
You have the option to register for the full 8 weeks or the first 4 weeks
“She is one whose heart keeps pace with her foot. She is entirely present; her soul is where her body is, and her body where her soul is, and her soul where her soles are.”
As the restrictions gradually lift and many of us begin to emerge, hopefully with care and consideration for the bigger community, the question is who are we now? What have we discovered in our Khalvat, in our retreat, our seclusion? There is no going back to normal as our collective normal was unsustainable and what led to the crisis in the first place. So what is the alternative? This question is bringing many of us together to envision change, and to co-create a future that is sustainable for all of the Earth community.
For us dancers and lovers of the Dance, the change begins in ourselves, for we need to be that which we strive to create. This is what inspired me to create this 8-Week intensive with the aim of each one of us claiming our power in the queendom/kingdom of our body as an embodied channel of love in tenderness and strength, compassion and courage, so we can co-create a world in harmony with the divine laws of nature.
We are blessed to have all the wonders of the universe right here in our body – operating mostly without our conscious awareness. What happens, then, when you DO bring your conscious awareness to your breath, your movement, your organs and your energy? How much more effective can you become? And how much more connected, joyous and whole?
Tune into the wisdom of your body and dance the miracle that you are, this gift of life! In the uncertain times we live in, sacred dance is the way to a dynamic, joyous and energetic way of being that grounds us in the present moment and opens our heart and mind to wonder and possibility, so we can usher in a NEW paradigm of being in harmony with the greater Earth community.
Guided by the poetry of Rumi, Rabia, Kabir and other Sufi mystics as well as Taoist philosophy and divine feminine wisdom, explore the foundations of Dance of Oneness, and how to cultivate presence, mastery and sensual grace in your body through dancing with a focus on the Chakras, the Meridian system, and quantum physics. Integrate your body, heart, mind and soul in a sacred union and learn tools for self-healing, and extending love and healing into the world.
Each week we will journey into one of the Chakras through guided dance and movement that correspond to the Chakra in focus; free-style dance, meditation, wisdom teachings from the East & West, and optional participation in a sharing circle with a community of like-hearted, wild, noble people. In our 8th week, we will integrate our learning. The dance and movement styles we will explore are: Persian classical and mystical dance, Flamenco fusion, Middle Eastern tribal dances, Sama (whirling) and Tai Chi. Join our dance community right from your sanctuary, liberate your body and step into your unlimited self, extending love toward yourself, the Earth and all beings.
This Intensive is a foundational Dance of Oneness course and fulfills 26 hours in the 200-hr Dance of Oneness Certification Program. It is a prerequisite for The 8 Boughs – Chakras of the Divine Feminine Intensive offered in the Fall 2020.
Mixed levels – suitable for everyone who loves to move as well as people with some background in movement or dance, trained dancers, yoga and other movement practitioners.
Benefits of this Intensive:
- Elevating your state
- Cultivating resiliency and adaptability
- Getting in shape
- Feeling energized
- Deepening your breath
- Connecting to your life’s purpose
- Awakening your inner and outer beauty
- Connecting to joy independent of external or internal conditions
- Integrating heart, mind and body and creating coherence
- Feeling unlimited
- Boosting immunity and well-being
- Reducing stress and feeling peaceful
- Healing body aches and developing the ability to heal many kinds of ailments
- Learning new dance moves
- Connecting with an global community of like-hearted people
- Purchase a ticket. Scroll down until you see “tickets” and choose an option
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive a link to join the sessions on zoom and where to access replays of live sessions
- You can join for the whole month or on a weekly basis, and pay according to the level of your engagement and/or your current financial ability
- Email for more info
- $650 is the basic tuition for the 8-week Intensive
- Many of us are going through financial hardship at the moment. I, myself have had to cancel all of my in-person workshops and performances for the time being. We’d love for you to dance with us regardless of the state of your finances, so we’re offering different payment options. Please choose your level of contribution honorably.
- If you are one of the few lucky ones in the world who has not been utterly financially devastated by the recent crisis, please consider buying this series for someone who has been, or underwriting scholarships for students in need.
- Download zoom
- Make sure you have an unobstructed space of 5×5 feet or 1.5×1.5 meters to dance in
- Wear comfortable attire you feel beautiful in
- Have a yoga mat handy
- Have a silk veil of approx. 3 yards x 45 inches or 2.5 x 1.15 meters). Here are a couple websites to order from: Nahari Silks and Bellydance.com
- Have socks or soft-soled dance shoes nearby in case you need them. Here are examples of soft-soled jazz shoes suitable for our dance:
Capezio, and SoDanca
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water after the session
I’m getting the full benefits of an in-person Dance of Oneness retreat on a daily basis. Before I had to wait months in between retreats or workshops to get the buzz again, and now I can access this full ALIVENESS in myself everyday…and I don’t even have to leave my house for it!
Nilou Yedegar, California
Moving gently and opening this body as never before – I follow my heart. Tears open the spring of well-being and wash away the stains and sorrow. Everything is in movement, everything is love. Through Banafsheh’s Dance of Oneness l have been given the gift of a new life.
Hilda Paz, Ottawa, Canada