Dance of Oneness®: Sacred Feminine Awakening | 8-Week Virtual Immersion
October 2 @ 10:00 am - November 27 @ 11:00 am PDT$195 – $650
8-Week Virtual Immersion with Banafsheh
October 2 – November 27, 2020 on Zoom
3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10-11am PT | 5-6pm UTC
You can register at anytime and catch up by following the replay
Recordings are available if you can’t join the live zoom sessions
“She is one whose heart keeps pace with her foot. She is entirely present; her soul is where her body is, and her body where her soul is, and her soul where her soles are.”
In today’s burning world, many of us are coming together to envision change, and to co-create a future that is sustainable for all of the Earth community. The sacred feminine as the ground of being and the hidden soul of the world calls to us to see her all around us and become her in our very cells so we can enter into a harmonious relationship with all of Her creation: our precious planet Gaia and all her creatures, each other, ourselves, and our bodies.
In this immersion, you will come alive to the existence of the sacred feminine as real, find Her presence in yourself, as you find yours in Her, feeling Her rise within you, opening you to the sacredness of all life, in your body, heart, mind and soul.
What representations, images and qualities of the sacred feminine inspire you and wants to be known through you?
Each week we will focus on one of the Chakras and one or more representations of the sacred feminine from different traditions that correspond to that particular Chakra. By opening your Chakras one by one and embodying the frequency and resonance of the sacred feminine that correspond to each Chakra, you will be initiated into the mysteries of the sacred feminine, create a loving conscious awareness in your body and enter into the embodied fullness of feminine glory.
We will begin with the root Chakra and move our way up through guided dance and movement that correspond to the Chakra in focus; free-style dance, meditation and optional participation in sharing circles. We will do short sequences drawn from: Persian classical and mystical dance, Flamenco, Middle Eastern tribal dances, Sama (whirling), and Tai Chi. Join our loving dance community from your own sanctuary, liberate your body and step into your unlimited self, emanating love toward yourself, the Earth and all beings.
Guided by the poetry of Rumi, Rabia, Kabir and other Sufi mystics as well as Taoist philosophy and divine feminine wisdom, cultivate presence, mastery and sensual grace in your body through dancing with a focus on the Chakras, the Meridian system, and quantum physics. Integrate your body, heart, mind and soul in a sacred union and learn tools for self-healing, and extending love and healing into the world.
Tune into the wisdom of your body and dance the miracle that you are, this gift of life! In the uncertain times we live in, sacred dance is the way to a dynamic, joyous and energetic way of being that grounds us in the present moment and opens our heart and mind to wonder and possibility, so we can usher in a NEW paradigm of being in harmony with the greater Earth community.
Week 1: Root Chakra
We will ground lovingly in the Earth and come in touch with our Root Chakra and embody the power and mystery of the Black Madonna through movement inspired by Middle Eastern tribal dances and Flamenco.
Week 2: Sacral Chakra
Inanna & Aphrodite
We will open ourselves to the sheer radiance of Eros and reclaim our sexuality as sacred inspired by the Sumerian Goddess Inanna and the Greek Goddess Aphrodite. A combination of Tai Chi, Middle Eastern tribal dances and Persian dance will guide us.
Week 3: Solar Plexus Chakra
Sekhmet & Artemis
The Egyptian warrior Goddess and lioness, Sekhmet and the Greek Goddess Artemis will empower us to take up residence in our body with sovereignty and express ourselves with courage and strength. Flamenco and other empowering movements like the Dance of Oneness Circles will bring us in touch with the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Week 4: Heart Chakra
Virgin Mary & Mary Magdalene
We will let the rose of our heart blossom as we embody the love and beauty of both the Virgin Mary and Mary Magdalene through the Dance of Oneness Waves and Persian Dance.
Week 5: Throat Chakra
The Persian Goddess Anahita will inspire us to embody the Throat Chakra.
Week 6: Third Eye Chakra
The Egyptian Goddess Isis will guide us into the domain of our Third Eye Chakra through the Dance of Oneness Spirals and Trance.
Week 7: Crown Chakra
The Shekinah from the mystical Jewish tradition of the Kabbalah will guide us into embodying our Crown Chakra through Sama (whirling) and dancing with veils/capes.
Week 8: Soul Chakra
The Gnostic Sophia as the soul of the world will guide our journey into embodying our soul in the world through Sama (whirling) and an integration of the dances from the past 7 weeks.
Benefits of this Immersion
Elevating your state
Feeling energized and unlimited
Connecting to your life’s purpose
Integrating heart, mind and body and creating coherence
Reducing stress and feeling peaceful
Resiliency and adaptability
Getting and staying in shape
Awakening inner & outer beauty
Learning new dance moves that integrate body, heart & mind
Healing body aches and developing the ability to heal many kinds of ailments
Embodying the sacred feminine
Deepening your breath
Boosting immunity & well-being
Connecting to joy independent of external or internal conditions
Connecting with an global community of like-hearted people
- You can purchase a ticket by scrolling down until you see “tickets” and choose an option
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will receive a link to join the sessions on zoom and where to access replays of live sessions
- You can join for the first 4-weeks or the entire 8-weeks, and pay according to the level of your engagement and/or your current financial ability
- Email for more info
- Basic tuition is $650 for 8 weeks.
- If you registered for the first 4 weeks and need to pay for November, please select a 4-week ticket below.
- Many of us are going through financial hardship at the moment. I, myself have had to cancel all of my in-person workshops and performances for the time being. We’d love for you to dance with us regardless of the state of your finances, so we are offering different payment options. Please choose your level of contribution honorably.
- If you are one of the few lucky ones in the world who has not been utterly financially devastated by the recent crisis, please consider buying this series for someone who has been, or underwriting scholarships for students in need.
- Download zoom
- Make sure you have an unobstructed space of 5×5 feet or 1.5×1.5 meters to dance in
- Wear comfortable attire you feel beautiful in
- Have a yoga mat handy
- Have a silk veil of approx. 3 yards x 45 inches or 2.5 x 1.15 meters). Here are a couple websites to order from: Nahari Silks and Bellydance.com
- Have socks or soft-soled dance shoes nearby in case you need them. Here are examples of soft-soled jazz shoes suitable for our dance:
Capezio, and SoDanca
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water after the session
- Recommended reading: The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image by Anne Baring and Jules Cashford
What People Are Saying
I’m getting the full benefits of an in-person Dance of Oneness retreat on a daily basis. Before I had to wait months in between retreats or workshops to get the buzz again, and now I can access this full ALIVENESS in myself everyday…and I don’t even have to leave my house for it!Nilou Yedegar, California
Moving gently and opening this body as never before – I follow my heart. Tears open the spring of well-being and wash away the stains and sorrow. Everything is in movement, everything is love. Through Banafsheh’s Dance of Oneness l have been given the gift of a new life.Hilda Paz, Ottawa, Canada