Introduction to the Sufi Path and the Sama
Welcome! I thank you for joining me on this journey!
It feels be very timely to come together and devote ourselves to the sacred dance of Sama, this healing prayer and meditation in movement. Over the next 2 Sessions we will take introductory steps or strokes in the vast ocean that Sama initiates us into.
I feel we are called to journey deep into the wisdom of the Earth, our bodies and our ancestors and apply the age-old mystical teachings that can help us survive and thrive in these difficult times we live in.
I invite you to join me in tuning into the wisdom of the Sufi lineage for some minutes as I give you some background information before we get up and whirl, so you are welcome to stay seated.
IMPORTANT PREPARATION FOR SESSIONS 2 and 3:
- Please wear soft-soled shoes or socks to whirl. The purpose for this is so you can slide slightly.
Here are examples of suitable soft-soled jazz shoes you can purchase: Capezio and SoDanca.
- Make sure not to eat a heavy meal 2 hrs prior to session.
- Prepare a place for yourself to sit in meditation after whirling.
- If this is your first time whirling, please make sure to give yourself a minimum of 1 hr after the session to integrate the experience and give yourself a pause before jumping quickly into demanding daily life activities – especially heady activities.
- Don’t drive or operate heavy machinery after whirling.
Below, you will find 2 PDFs. One is the Reading Material for the entire course and the other one, is the Music List for both Sessions. If you have any questions or comments, please join the forum on our Dance of Oneness private Facebook group where our vibrant global community exchanges ideas and insights.
I recommend that you keep a journal to write down your reflections after our Sessions.
Happy whirling dive into the ocean of oneness!
Poetry & Quotes