The Sama: Stepping into Infinite
Beloved Dancer, we begin Module IV with a journey into the sacred dance of Sama (whirling) in this session. I will open with some introductory remarks about the Sufi Path and the Sama for 10 minutes or so. Following the remarks, we will do a short warmup and explore the technique of whirling.
- Please wear soft-soled shoes or socks to whirl. The purpose for this is so you can slide slightly.
- Make sure not to eat a heavy meal 2 hrs prior to session.
- Prepare a place for yourself to sit in meditation after whirling.
- If this is your first time whirling, please make sure to give yourself a minimum of 1 hr after the session to integrate the experience and give yourself a pause before jumping quickly into demanding daily life activities – especially heady activities.
- Don’t drive or operate heavy machinery after whirling.
Happy whirling dive into the ocean of oneness! 🧚♀️