Introduction to the Sufi Path and the Sama
Beloved Dancer, we begin our journey into the Sama, the sacred dance of whirling in 2 Parts. In this video which is Part 1, I will make some introductory remarks about the Sufi Path and the Sama. Following the remarks, please go to second video to access Part 2, the practical part of this session.
Have a question, a comment or insight to share with our global community? Join the conversation in the Dance of Oneness private Facebook group.
1st Salaam of Sama: Call to Love
Beloved Dancer, we begin our journey into Sama, the sacred dance whirling in this session. We will begin with a short warmup and explore the technique of whirling before we whirl.
- Please wear soft-soled shoes or socks to whirl. The purpose for this is so you can slide slightly.
- Make sure not to eat a heavy meal 2 hrs prior to session.
- Prepare a place for yourself to sit in meditation after whirling.
- If this is your first time whirling, please make sure to give yourself a minimum of 1 hr after the session to integrate the experience and give yourself a pause before jumping quickly into demanding daily life activities – especially heady activities.
- Don’t drive or operate heavy machinery after whirling.
Happy whirling dive into the ocean of oneness!