with Banafsheh, musician Tony Khalife and surprise guests
Sunday, December 16, 2018
Eugene and Michael Rosenfeld Auditorium at Franklin Canyon Park
2600 Franklin Canyon Drive, Beverly Hills
(close to the Mulholland Dr. and Coldwater Canyon Ave. entrance of the park in Studio City)
Even if the darkness of hell should swallow the sun and the moon…where is your flame, where is your light?
Join us in remembrance of Rumi’s Shab-e Arus, his passing into union with the Beloved. Infused with his message of love in action, we will whirl and chant in adoration of life, transmitting light, love and prayers into our troubled world.
All are welcome!
- No prior experience required. All participants will be invited to move at their own pace and ability and can even just sit in meditation. Sama (whirling) creates a field of healing both for the whirler and those present in the ceremony.
- No need to register. Please simply arrive at the auditorium 10 min early – we will start promptly at 2pm.
- Please arrive 30 min early if you have never been to the Auditorium before to find your way, park and arrive on time.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal 2 hrs prior to the session.
- Please bring soft-soled shoes or socks to whirl in, a yoga mat and cushion/zafu to sit on, and an item for our altar if you wish.
- White attire especially wide skirts for whirling is recommended but not required.
- Make sure to come to a full stop at the stop signs in the park as they are surveilled by cameras, and the fine for not stopping is pretty high!
Email for more info.