Your body is a wellspring of profound spiritual teachings…come dance the miracle you are! In the chaotic, stressful times we live in, sacred dance is your way to a dynamic, joyous and energetic way of being that is grounded in peace and open to loving kindness!
Join master teacher of embodiment, Banafsheh for five days of finding ways to live passionately at your full potential, accessing peace, joy, and lucidity so that you can be a dancing messenger of beauty, kindness, and wisdom in the world.
Learn about the Tao and the system of yin/yang as the foundation of all life processes. Practice movements based on pathways of meridians in the body, activating a balanced flow of chi energy. Acquire self-healing tools and find key acupressure points to bring your body into balance and optimum health.
Immerse yourself in the teachings and poetry of Rumi. Experience the profound movement meditation of Sama/whirling as a way to bring body and soul into balance. Journey into grounding, releasing, centering, and opening dance and movement techniques that connect you to the core of your being and allow you to soften, so you can flower radiantly from the wisdom of your heart. Discover why dance is love made manifest.
You will learn:
- About various key processes in your body that contain profound spiritual teachings
- An introduction to experiential anatomy and physiology
- An introduction to the Chinese Meridian system
- About the Tao and the system of yin/yang as the foundation of all life processes
- Key acupressure points you can use to bring your body into balance and optimum health
- Self-healing tools
- Movements based in the pathway of Meridians in the body that activate a balanced flow of Chi
- The movement meditation of Sama/whirling as a way to bring body and soul into balance
- The poetry of Rumi
- Grounding, releasing, centering and opening dance and movement techniques
- Tools to access joy, peace and lucidity in your daily life
- How to find balance when balance is nowhere to be found within or around you!
Mixed Levels, open to all women and men who feel called, regardless of age or experience. Suitable for people with little or no background in movement or dance as well as trained dancers, yoga and other movement practitioners. The only pre-requisite is a desire to connect your mind, body and soul through sacred movement. This course counts as 26 hours towards the 200/400-hr Dance of Oneness® Certification Program.
Please dress comfortably in what makes you feel beautiful and bring a yoga mat, soft-soled shoes or socks to dance in and a notebook.
The Rowe Center, nestled in beautiful upper Massachusetts on sacred Mohawk land, offers good lodging and great food and opportunities for long walks in the forest amidst wild flowers.
Sign up for Dancing the Divine Feminine for Women and Men, May 5-7 at Rowe and receive 10% off both workshops
Info: (413) 339-4954 or Email
“Banafsheh’s workshop was a coming home for my body and spirit.”
Kathleen Becker, Rowe Center workshop participant, 2016
“Arrival at the hardest but sweetest surrender of all – releasing my mortal attachments and desires, including love itself, yet still desiring knowledge, that the Beloved receives me with loving arms when I make my final exit from Earth.”
Vivianne Chu, Rowe workshop participant, 2016